Re: Front Seat Travel

To: engl@cableregina.com
Subject: Re: Front Seat Travel
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:20:44 -0400
Bob,
   Since the seat frame is hitting the tunnel, there is much adjustment
left.  But you might remove the seat and examine the tracks. Possibly you
could drill new holes in the tracks, a bit offset and to the rear, so
that the track could be located a bit farther forward and offset to get
greater clearance from the tunnel.  The bolts go down through the tracks
into captive nuts under the floor, which are prone to rusting, so give
generous applications of Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, etc before yanking
hard on them.
   How are the straps/diaphram under the seat?  If perished,  the driver
sits low and tends to sit farther back in the seat than when they are
supporting the foam cushion.
Bob