Re: Front Seat Travel

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Seat Travel
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:38:18 -0700
There are already 3 sets of holes, so the track can be installed forward, to
the rear, or in the middle; but this has no effect on forward travel since
the tunnel clearance is the limiting factor. Your idea of offsetting the
track to the left has merit, however. Even 1/2 inch would probably add 1-1/2
inches of forward travel.

My 66 B has wooden spacers underneath the seat rails, to clear the carpet.
If these were frabricated in metal (simple steel bars, essentially), it
would be easy to build in any desired amount of offset (by bolting the
spacers to the floor, and the seat tracks to the spacers). If done properly
I don't think this would compromise safety; and at the same time you could
raise the seat a trifle, which might be desirable.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149