Re: New Battery

To: "Mark Wetzel" <mwetzel@buffnet.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Battery
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:05:48 +0100
In the UK at least batteries are coded for applications and therefore can be
supplied with positive and negative terminals round one way or the other.  I
had a dispute with my battery supplier and was on dodgy ground demanding a
second replacement battery.  I think they deliberately gave me the 'wrong'
orientation but rather than push them possibly to the point of refusing to
supply a battery at all I simply fitted it the other way round in the
battery holder.  The posts were the same size as they should be, so the
connectors fitted OK, and the cables reached.  If you are going to go back
to positive ground you need to make sure your connectors will fit the posts,
or change them over.

PaulH.