Re: Dashboard

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: Dashboard
From: "Randy Widman" <rwidman@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:40:37 -0400
Barrie,

Finally getting around to installing my replacement dash from Bee Hive. I
stripped the old vinyl and foam backing off the metal dashboard and it looks
like it is going to be an installation just like you said yours was from
LBCarco. You are definitely right about NOT reading the instructions, it makes
it sound worse than what it really is. I wasn't sure how much to strip away
and so I started pulling off just the vinyl to plat it safe and then realized
that the soft foam should come right off with it also. The new dash had the
soft foam as a part of it and should be able to go right on with some good
glue. When you said use a good industrial glue, not hardware store glue what
kind did you use? Seems like a good foam/vinyl to metal like DAP Weldwood
contact cement should work (Shows the applications on the can), but I'm
specifically wanting to know what you used and why you said stay away from
hardware store type.

Thanks for your help,
Randy Widman
79 Red B