Mileage

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mileage
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:31:29 EDT
Did over 600 miles this weekend in the Interceptor, and got 21 mpg Imperial
at steady 80 - 100 mph. There IS something to be said for having a large
engine!

Just wondered how MGB mileage matches that! I've done similar speeds over
long distance with our MGC in top OD, and had high 20s, but the 4 cylinder cars
are straining to do that sort of speed consistently and tend to get poor
mileage. Probably the only conditions where a big engine will beat a small one
for
economy.

Bill