Re: Mileage

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mileage
From: Eric <eric@internode.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:51:33 +0930
On Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003, at 14:17 Australia/Adelaide, James Nazarian
wrote:

> Something tells me that my poor roadster wouldn't do 100.  If you can
> call
> the cops off I'd be willing to try it though -LOL

I would love to try to work out what my little old 'B gets on the
racetrack (up to 5.5 - 6,000+ revs in most gears) - I just know that 20
litres of AVGAS doesn't go far :-)  We don't like to weigh her down
with TOO much fuel on the track.

I would like to compare her on the drive to/from the track - open road
cruising at 65mph in 4th gear for half an hour - and then the mad laps
of the track (short straights where the fastest I get up to is 95mph,
wind-assisted and no interfering traffic :-)

In the almost six years I have owned her I have never really worked out
her MPG (well, I keep changing stuff on her so any measurement would be
quickly out of date, anyway).   Generally I just fill her up; zero the
odometer; when it gets to 200 miles - fill her up again.  Sort of
guarantees I never run out and gives me a decent few miles of leeway.

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
'85 Rover SD1 Vanden Plas
Adelaide, South Australia