Re: [MG-MGB] SU Swap Questions

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] SU Swap Questions
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:26:41 +0100
As others have said it is either excessive pump pressure, a faulty float
valve, float, or possibly reversed fuel and vent lines, and this can flood the
engine as well as the canister.  If coming out of both vents it probably is
the pump or reversed connections, if only one probably float or valve.  With
HSs it is easy to take the float lid off (*not* so easy with the integral
float HIFs) and blow gently in what you think is the fuel inlet and see if you
can shut it off by raising the float.  There are layout diagrams of the
plumbing on http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_fuelframe.htm and click on 'North
American Emissions Plumbing'.

PaulH.