Re: instrumentation death

To: dcouncil@imt.net
Subject: Re: instrumentation death
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:11:55 -0400
David,
   Check connections first.  The Voltage Stabiliser comes is two
versions. One is a solid state device, the other a contact-points sort of
thing.  One imagines that the solid-state device is far less likely to
tolerate interruptions in its power supply (via the instruments) or its
ground than the older contact-points device, and it's likely that the '67
has the older type. But you won't know until you check out other causes,
such as loose wires and ratty connections, etc.
   You can check VS output with an analogue voltmeter.  It shuts current
off and on so that average output is 10v. Look for off/on action showing
on the voltmeter, once you have eliminated other possibilities.
Bob

 But just two blocks from my destination,