I'm back...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm back...
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:24:42 -0700
Hi, Listers......Lawrie Alexander here. I've been receiving the list for the
last several years but, for some reason, have been unable to post to it
(even though I could when I first subscribed). Finally, I decided to
unsubscribe and re-subscribe, which has enabled me to "go public" again.
I've seen my name mentioned a few times so I'm egotistical enough to hope
that some of you will view my return with a modicum of interest, if not
actual pleasure....... :<)

Anyway, I'd like to start by asking for some help. Does anyone know the
original thickness of an MGC cylinder head, or know where I might find this
information? I have a C in my shop that shows 180 psi cranking combustion
pressure even when fitted with two head gaskets. I've found a source for
custom copper head gaskets all the way up to 1/8" thick but, to know the
thickness I need to order, I must first find out how much has been milled
off this particular head.

TIA

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center