Re: Paint Codes

To: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint Codes
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:48:18 +0100
Only 1980 models had the paint and trim colours stamped on the VIN plate,
nothing before that.  Only Teal Blue was used for the 1974 (and 1973 and
1974 1/2 i.e. RB) model years, Tahiti Blue for 75 to 77, Pageant Blue after
that.  But even if you get a Heritage certificate telling you what your car
was *originally* painted there is no guarantee that is what it still is, it
may not be an MG colour at all or even a BL colour.

PaulH.