oil filters, hoses etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil filters, hoses etc.
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:00:40 -0700
I suspect that if I were to go to "The Hose Shop"
http://www.thehoseshop.com/  I could replace my frayed oil cooler
lines for a lot less money than buying them from
/dev/mailordercatalog.

Does anyone on the list have any experience going directly to the
source to buy cooler lines? What thread sizes does one specify? Are
there any things to watch out for? Any preferred delers?

In the same vein, there may be some advantages in moving my oil filter
off the block. Not the least of which is that it would make it easier
to get my hands in there when working on other things.

Has anyone done one of the conversions? Was it worthwhile? What kit
did you use?

--
                   Girling is not a verb.