RE: Gauge Bezels

To: "'Rob Geskey'" <rob_geskey@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Gauge Bezels
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:48:59 -0500
Rob,

The best, nay ONLY, way to remove the bezels is to hold the instrument in
one hand while twisting the bezel until the tabs are aligned with the
notches in the instrument case. DO NOT PRY the tabs up as 99% of the time
they will break off and then you really will need new bezels.

I would suggest having the originals replated, but if they are too far gone
(pitted, cracked, abused) then go for replacements. They are not terribly
expensive used. In fact I have a full set from a '72 MGB I might let go.

Moss did list bezels in the T-type catalog, but not in the MGB catalog, so I
suspect they are not interchangeable.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer