Re: Gauge Bezels

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>, rob_geskey@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Gauge Bezels
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:14:36 -0700
As many people know already, I sell O-ring kits for the Smith & Jaeger
gauges.  In getting the kits together I tackled many gauges lots of which
had O-rings morphied into space age glue.  I tried many ploys but the most
successful was the use of a "boa-constrictor".  For anyone who is
interested contact me off list and I will send an instruction document (Word).

At 11:01 AM 10/13/2003 -0400, Bob Howard wrote:
>Rob,
>    By loosening the knurled nuts behind the instruments, you should be
>able to pull them toward the seats to give clearance between the
>instruments and the dash.  Then grasp the instrument with one hand, the
>bezel with the other, and turn a few degrees anti-clockwise.  There are
>six or eight tabs on the back of the bezel that correspond to tabs cast
>in the instrument housing. When bezel tabs are behind instrument tabs the
>bezel is clamped tight. When bezel tabs are between instrument tabs, the
>bezel will lift off.
>Bob
>

>On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:19:22 +0000 "Rob Geskey" <rob_geskey@hotmail.com>
>writes:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > It has been a loooooong time since I posted on the list, but I now
> > find I am
> > in need of some advice here.  What is the best way to remove the
> > chrome
> > gauge bezels?  Mine are starting to show some signs of age...minor
> > pitting
> > and I want to replace them.  Also, where can I purchase new ones?  I
> > do not
> > show Moss carrying them.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any and all help!
> >
> > Best Regards,