hard top parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: hard top parts
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:16:42 -0600
Quite a while ago I asked the list for a source of hard top parts and I was
led to Martin Macgregor. And I was able to get all the seals I needed to
rebuild a disassembled factory hardtop. The problem I am now facing is that
I am missing one or two corner brackets that hold the side window
assemblies together - lost because the previous owner had removed the
plexiglass in order to crudely cut some new replacement pieces.

I've been pondering how to manufacture these pieces but keep putting it
off. Otherwise, I have this newly painted black tulip hardtop to go on top
of my black tulip 72 B.

Today I was venturing on Ebay when I saw that someone was selling both
window assemblies plus all the seals but the bid is already up to $306 USD.
The window assemblies are supposed to be still wrapped in original
packaging with the part numbers listed as AHH7226 and AHH7227. Cool - maybe
I could buy the whole pieces somewhere and for a lot less than $306.

But I can't find any US supplier so far that sells the assemblies. Are
there any? But a check at mgcars.org.uk led me to Brown & Gammons Ltd. They
list the part number as "HARDTOP QUARTER LIGHT RH" and "LH", each one for
29.49 BP (or a little less than $50 USD). So tempting but then there is
shipping to add on.

So todays questions - any US source for brackets or entire quarter windows?
If not, any experience ordering parts for US delivery from Brown & Gammons
or how much shipping might cost?

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B