Re: MGB alt question

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB alt question
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:37:18 -0400
I will add that if you don't mechanically brace the wires either connection
will break.  I can also guarantee that it will happen in the rain when you
are late for work.

On a solder joint it will break at the transition of wire to soldered wire.
On a crimped connector it will break at the necked down area between the
crimp and the blade, they are both equally annoying.

Lastly, should the wire leading to the excite circuit on the alternator
break, the charging light will never light and you won't know anything is
wrong until the battery dies, unless you have a voltmeter in the dash.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram