Re: MGB alt question

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Subject: Re: MGB alt question
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:07:15 +0100
British Telecom changed to wrapped (unsoldered) joints in the 70s, not
because it gave a better gas-tight joint (it was equally gas tight) but
because of reduced costs.  Similarly crimping, I suspect.  Acidic solders
can cause corrosion over time, we used non-acidic.  Having seen wires pull
out of crimped connectors even having using the proper tool I now crimp,
solder and heat-shrink.

PaulH.