Emissions

Subject: Emissions
From: "Steve Piepenbrink" <mgbyellow@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:05:28 -0500
I just wanted to send a thank you to everyone who sent replies to my post on
passing the Illinois emissions test.

I went back for testing today and passed very easily.  The standards for
passing with my 79 MGB are Hydrocarbons 600 and CO 6.0.  My readings were HC
261 and CO 2.4.  An easy pass.  I had found an air leak in the intake manifold
where the right angle pipe for the gulp valve hose had gone before I desmogged
the car.  The brass plug I put in to fill the hole was leaking air.  A little
silicone and readjustment of the mixture and I was on my way.

My HIF-44 carb has manual choke which I am not used to after having the Z-S.
What RPM should the engine run with the choke control pulled all the way out?
Mine is about 2000.

Thanks again,

Steve