Re: 58 MGA - Carb confusion

To: <bosoxfan00@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 58 MGA - Carb confusion
From: "Bill Collier" <wmcollier@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:29:55 -0700
One possibility to eliminate is a hot fuel pump.
If you have replaced the original fuel pump with an aftermarket electric
pump it may be supplying more fuel than the carbs can handle.

Several years ago I tore down a set of HIF's 3 times before I realized the
fuel pump was supplying twice the pressure needed.
Put an adjustable pressure regulator in the fuel line, set it to 3 psi, and
had no more problems.
Just a possibility.

Bill Collier
71B