Re: MGB Battery question-what choices?

To: BarrMark262@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Battery question-what choices?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:23:12 -0600
The Group 26 works in most but not all cases and is a tight fit. I
recommend that you first purchase the plastic battery boxes, like Moss
sells. That allows you to convert one battery bin to a storage area for
tools/parts. It also allows you to check the battery for fit while at the
store and not have to have your car present. Just check to see that it fits
in the plastic box, then you'll know it works.  Also, look for a battery
that comes with a strap to lift it. It will likely be a snug fit whether
you use the plastic box or slide it straight into the battery compartment.
The strap makes it a lot easier to pull the battery back out.

I used a Sears Die-Hard. So now my 72B has the one Group 26 and my 67 BGT
remains original with 2 17HF six volters (and still positive ground).

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B