Re: Vintage License Plates

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage License Plates
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:14:24 -0800 (PST)
Max Heim SEZ -
> "Wholly unnecessary front plates"?
>
> Apparently you don't have traffic light cameras in Ohio... yet.

Alas, not all change is progress.  Has anybody fought these things
on constitutional grounds, ie the inability to confront the witness
against you in court. Or the fining of the vehicle owner instead of the
driver, the fact that these cameras are run by private contractors
for profit, the fact that municipalities with these cameras invariably
*decrease* the duration of the yellow light to increase revenue,
etc., etc.  There seem to be no end of lawyers ready to sue innocent
people and businesses for trumped up "liability" claims, but who is
going to step up and defend drivers' rights?  If I had the money I'd
put together a case that would rival the NAACP's Rosa Parks suit.

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)