Re: Vintage License Plates

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage License Plates
From: Chris Thompson <ct-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:48:19 -0600
Max Heim (mvheim@studiolimage.com) wrote:
> "Wholly unnecessary front plates"?
>
> Apparently you don't have traffic light cameras in Ohio... yet.

I'm fairly certain we do not. But even if we did, I'm not sure that, at
least here in this area, it would be very effective.

Here in Cincinnati we're at the junction of Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.
Kentucky has no front plates whatsoever. I don't really recall seeing front
plates on Indiana cars, but then I never really looked, as Southeastern
Indiana is fairly sparsely populated, so you don't see a great deal of
Indiana cars here.

What's worse is that we're forced to put plates on cars that really weren't
designed for them. The lines of the front of a B are much cleaner without
front plates.

Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster