Re: Heritage Body Shells

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>, "Mgs@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: Heritage Body Shells
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:59:53 -0800 (PST)
Listers
I have a Heritage body shell that I bought from a guy in Quakertown, PA for a
song and a dance. He had jerry rigged everything from using Italian wiring to
plywood panels on the doors and console.  I completely took everything off
except front suspension and repainted or replaced all parts with new or good
used ones. Total cost of rebuild including body shell was about $7,000.00 US
dollars. The key was getting the shell so cheap.
It was 10 years old at the time, but in great shape. It is my 70B. The only
thing I haven't put on it is side lights for the rear quarters.
Jim
70B Heritage body shell
69C

Paul Root <proot@iaces.com> wrote:
If I remember correctly. About 10 years, around when they first came
out, ago Peter Egan built a new MG with a shell. He put on a lot of new
parts, because it was "too hard" to put old grubby parts on the nice new
body.

All told, not counting his labor, which is always free, he sunk $12-13k
on it.

Paul.