Re: Turbocharging an MGB?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turbocharging an MGB?
From: mptreb@mac.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:23:57 -0500
Probably 20 years ago, Moss had a turbocharger kit for MGBs in their
catalog.  And I would assume, since it was 20 years ago, that it was a
carb, not aftermarket FI.  Anybody have a ~1984 catalog laying around?
  As I remember it, there was a photograph of an installation, and it
looked like a beast.  Also looked like it would light your shoes on
fire...

But it disappeared from the catalog, so I would assume there were some
problems with it -- maybe I'm wrong, and it only disappeared for cost
reasons.

Anyway, that's all I know -- it's been done.  Successfully?  Well,
that's the real question, isn't it?

-M.