Re: Supercharged MGB take II

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Supercharged MGB take II
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:57:46 EST
In a message dated 11/6/03 5:23:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> My goal is a reliable 105 hp to the ground. I intend to normally shift
> around 6000 RPM, occasionally going as high as 7000 if it will save me
> a couple of shifts at the end of a straight. I'd like the parts to be
> designed to handle the stress of 120 hp to the ground, and 8000 RPM.

a) You don't need to use that sort of RPM, especially with a blown engine

b) If you want to use that sort of RPM it will cost you BIG BUCKS.

I suggest that you moderate your requirements. Keeping it under about 6200
will save you several thousand dollars, something I assume you want to do, as
you say that the alloy head will save a hundred bucks in machining costs...;-)

Bill

Bill