RE: Labor costs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Labor costs
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:46:54 -0600
> And I don't think the job is beyond you. I did it last year, using
> Energy suspension
> instead of V8 bushings.  It was a few day job in spare time, but it
> doesn't take
> any special tools. Except for a little torch to get a
> stubborn bolt, I
> can think of
> nothing more than wreanches and sockets and a hammer.

Excellent point.  You may run into some nicely seized bolts, but you
should be able to at least get things dismantled enough to get the parts
to a shop to get them out.  I had one steering arm bolt that refused to
budge, and a seized lower bolt through the A-arms into the kingpin.
Apparently the grease passage had been plugged for years.  I actually
managed to twist the head off of that bolt trying to get it to move.  A
local suspension shop extracted both for me.