Re: Armstrongs (was: Rear Shock Kit)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Armstrongs (was: Rear Shock Kit)
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:23:21 -0000
Yes, whoever said fluid level checking wasn't a maintenance item was
correct, but Haynes does say to inspect them for leaks at 3k.  However this
doesn't make them a 'maintenance' item in my book (so to speak) since if
they are leaking you replace or repair them, which is a different thing.
Don't be too hard on BL for dropping it, all manufacturers, in the UK at
least, reduced and extended maintenance simply to appeal to the fleet market
with lower costs, to the extent of fitting non-lubricateable parts like
prop-shaft UJs which we all know wear out.  Fortunately replacements these
days have, or should have, grease nipple again.  As far as fleet managers
are concerned anything that wears out after 3 years or 36k miles is of no
concern to them.

PaulH.