Re: MGB gauge faces: A Moss opportunity?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB gauge faces: A Moss opportunity?
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:02:55 -0600
Max Heim wrote:

> Heck, do it yourself. I've refaced clocks by creating the art on my Mac and
> outputting to lino paper at a service bureau, and this would be no
> different. Note that you will need a precision vector drawing program, not a
> "paint" program. Scanning the old face as a template will give you the
> critical calibration points. Color can be added with paint or adhesive
> overlays (I don't recommend inkjet printing because of sun fading).
>
> Of course, I don't know why anyone would want white-faced gauges anyway.
> They're a fad, IMO, and one that reduces night vision by reflecting more
> light into the eyes of the driver, without a commensurate increase in the
> amount of information displayed.

Here's a good way to do it if that's what ya want:

Once the artwork is complete, take it to Fast Signs (franchises all over
the country) and have them do the faces in adhesive-backed vinyl,
four-color process. Apply carefully, so as to not get any wrinkles.

All of the stickers on My Cooper S were done there. They have been in
the weather, including the hot Oklahoma Sun (while driving), since 1999
and have not faded at all: http://www.theluggage.net/luggagestik.jpg

-Rock
--
Tulsa LIBERTYFEST, Dec. 21st, 2003: http://www.tulsalibertyfest.com