Help . . . Oil Filter O-ring Removal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help . . . Oil Filter O-ring Removal
From: "Francis Chinnici" <franchinnici@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:27:01 -0500
I have run into a snag while changing the oil on my MGA.  While I was easily
able to remove the o-ring seal on the bottom side of the canister housing
(closest to the filter), I have found that the seal above the housing (in the
engine block) may just be "original". . .  which is not a good thing here!
It's baked in there and short of a "hammer and chisel" (kidding) doesn't want
to budge!  I have only been able to chip away little slivers of it.

Does anyone have any tips for getting this upper o-ring out of there?
Thanks.

Fran Chinnici
1960 MGA
1974 TR6