Gas Tank Obstruction

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Tank Obstruction
From: "John" <John@all-the-facts.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:23:47 -0500
Hello everyone,

I have a 68 MGB. My gas tank was leaking from a rust through hole. I pulled the
tank off and hand it sand blasted which showed several more holes and then took
it to a guy who refurbished tanks with a POR-15 gas tank sealer.

I put the tank back on and my fuel pump went crazy. My shop manuel said that it
was a "suction side" air leak. I cleanred out the line from the tank to the
fuel pump (and for good measure, I replaced the carbuertor lines with the
stainless steel braided lines, it look great!)

So now the car with idle very smoothly at 1000 rpm but when I accerlate it will
cut out and stall. If I take the gas tank off the car will start.

So, I THINK that I have a tank obstruction caused when the tank was sealed. I
have tried to clear the "tube" in the tank but my wire will only go so far.
There must be something on the end of the tube?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to call me at 318-208-4145, I have freee long distance and will
call you back.

Thanks,

John Shidler