MGB generator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB generator
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:46:00 -0700
Well, I think I have fried my generator. It was a slow process. During this
morning's drive, I detected an odor that I couldn't quite place, almost
like the hot brake odor. Granted, I drove past a few oil refineries and a
sugar beet plant so I wasn't sure the smell was actually coming from the
car (67 BGT). Again driving home, I smelled the odor and it became apparent
that it was coming through my heater vent along with the "hot" air. About a
mile from home, my red light came on when the charging cycle failed. A
brief inspection at home confirms the odor likely came from a very hot
generator. I'm guessing fried windings but I won't know  until I get a
chance to take it apart, maybe this weekend.

In the meantime, does anyone have a spare working 63-67 MGB generator they
would sell? I think at minimum I should have an extra one around anyway.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B