RE: Looking for a good wiring Diagram for a 78/79 Midget (non

To: "'Stephen H. King'" <renegade@gte.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Looking for a good wiring Diagram for a 78/79 Midget (non
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:03:13 -0600
Stephen,

I can't help with the wiring diagram, but I may be able to explain why the
conflict of dates.

The MG model year ran from about August 1 to August 1. So if your car was
built in (say) September 1978, it would be a 1979 model.

Second, some states didn't title a car by the model year, but by when it was
sold. So if a 1978 car wasn't sold until March of 1979, some states would
have titled it as a 1979.

The plate on the door is your best indication. Besides, I doubt there were
significant differences between a 78 and a 79.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer