Re: Looking for a good wiring Diagram for a 78/79 Midget (non

To: "Stephen H. King" <renegade@gte.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a good wiring Diagram for a 78/79 Midget (non
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:42:44 -0000
It is usual for the title or registration document to show the year it was
registered which can have no relation to the year it was built.  Furthermore
it seems that North America sometimes or often put the sale date rather than
the build date on one or more of the chassis number plates.  This is further
complicated that the first 1979, say, models were probably built in late 78.
Clausagers book will tell you exactly what model your car is from the
remainder of the chassis number, and hence what diagram it needs.  Some
years had big changes, some very few.  In MGBs there weren't that many
between 78 and 79, FWIW.

Any road up, as they say round these parts, surely if you push it backwards
far enough it will end up just as it came out of the factory ...

PaulH.