RE: Speedometer...welcome back Rick, glad to have ya back!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedometer...welcome back Rick, glad to have ya back!
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:35:47 -0500
I recall reading/hearing (on the list maybe?) that using grease onthe  cable
is not a particularly good thing...that is traps dirt and grit and then can
'catch' on the inside of the housing causing the needle to jump around.
Rather, I will be trying dri-slide upon reassembly of my A as the speedo
needle has done some jumping around since I greased it some years ago.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
67 BGT

> In a message dated 12/9/2003 3:41:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> John@all-the-facts.com writes:

> > Both odometer and speedometer are on strike. Because they
> > are both broke, I suspect angle drive or cable.

Then Jay Donoghue replied: