Parts Prices

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts Prices
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:50:36 -0500
I thought I would pass on some end of the year info to everyone.

Many parts prices will start to be raised in 2004 as a result of the US
dollar decreasing in value in relationship to the Euro.  Specifically,
Federal Mogul will be increasing prices 25% across the board effective
January 2nd 2004 on items that come from the UK or Europe.  Expect this
increase from Federal Mogul to raise the prices on all AE (pistons,
bearings, etc.), Ferrodo and Payen (gasket sets) products.  Likewise, expect
it to similarly effect other products in the future that are sourced from
the UK and Europe.

So if you need any of this stuff, it may be wise to purchase before the new
year begins from your favorite suppliers.  AFAIK, Moss' prices are stable
until sometime in March.

Kai