Midget shift

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget shift
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:24:47 -0600
Hello Troopers,
   Happy Holidays!
   Today was a stunningly nice day in Tulsa.  The temperature
got up to about 60 degrees and it was sunny.   Naturally, we
got the toy cars out and had some fun.   In an earlier note I
commented about my daughter's boyfriend spinning my Ferrari
in the school parking lot.  That's another story.  I'm writing about
the Midget.
   As the day drew long we fired up the Midget to return it to the
storage facility.  As I shifted it into reverse the shifter assembly
came out in my hand!   Time was short so I just set it back into
the mechanism and returned the bayonet-secured shifter pivot
to its correct position and connected it.  That allowed me to drive
the car back to the facility but a proper repair awaits.  I need to
get into the service manual to see what has come apart.  That will
have to wait until after Christmas.  Too much poo in too small a
bag right now!
   Best to all!

Rick