Broken door handle

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken door handle
From: "David Priebe" <davidpriebe@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:01:39 -0800
I recently broke the plastic door handle on my 66 MGB. The door latching
mechanism had been getting stiffer and stiffer, and finally the plastic
handle broke. I have purchased a replacement, but don't want to break that
one as well. Any recommendations on how to make the door latch mechanism
operate smoother, with less force required? Should I just spray some white
lithium grease in there?
And a fairly similar thing happen to the window crank. Essentially the
plastic square on the handle was stripped. Same question, any way to avoid
that happening again in the future.

This is my first post to the list. I've already gotten a good bit of
information out of this list.

Thanks,
Dave Priebe
Carnation, WA