Re: Broken door handle

To: "David Priebe" <davidpriebe@cablespeed.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Broken door handle
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:27:37 -0000
If the mechanism is gummed-up with old grease and dirt then just lithium
grease may take a while to penetrate and ease things.  There may also be
mechanical wear or distortion that is causing it, in both lock and window.
I would clean and investigate the linkages, look for stiffness and any
mechanical causes, correct that and then lubricate.  You admit that you
ignored growing stiffness until something broke, that is cruelty to MGs.  Do
a proper job now.

PaulH.