RE: To seal or not to seal (?)

To: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: To seal or not to seal (?)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:04:52 -0800
Please note, this is not a marketing ploy.

Moss started bringing in "Wellseal" from the UK.  This stuff stays tacky and so
far I've used it on an SD1 water pump which ended up having to come off again
and a side cover gasket on a John Deere backhoe.  In both instances it worked
great and when I pulled off the water pump I was able to reuse the gasket as it
peeled off without too much trouble.  The stuff smells evil and since it stays
a might tacky does leave a gooey edge to the exposed gasket, but it works
better than anything else I've used to date.  I'm of the belief that one just
uses enough sealant to color the paper gasket and have used everything from
Hylomar to Gasketcinch to Permatex blue.  Most of them work well so long as you
don't put very much on, and don't overtighten the bolts.

Kelvin.