Re: head advice needed

To: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: head advice needed
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:29:18 -0800
One thing your comment doesn't consider, Paul, is that American machine
shops have been putting hard seats into heads to combat the effects of
no-lead fuel since the late Seventies. I gather the change-over from leaded
in England is a relatively recent thing so it could be that English machine
shops are not yet sufficiently aware of what is needed.

I've been having hard seats fitted into MG heads for over 20 years and have
never had any problems, nor have I heard of anyone else doing so. Let's not
be scaring Aaron with possibilities of problems that are highly unlikely!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center