Re: MGA with Volvo Engine

To: wtsnyder@juno.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA with Volvo Engine
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:00:08 EST
Bill,
You might want to check out the article in the February 2004 issue of
Grassroots Motorsports regarding Dan Stewart's Volvo 2.3 liter powered MGB.
Seems
like it worked well (the engine swap) with a minimum of modifications.  Since
the MGA and MGB drive trains are similar, I'm thinking a Volvo engined MG can't
be too bad a thing.  If the rest of the car is in good condition and
unmodified like Bill McCleod has pointed out...I'd say go for it!  Then, you
can always
work on converting it back to an MG engined car, and have the luxury of
working on the MG drive train at your leisure while driving the Volvo engined
MGA.
Good Luck!
Donny V
1978 MGB