Re: Valve cover for MGB

To: "bernd" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve cover for MGB
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:29:45 -0000
Replace the non-vented oil filler cap with a vented one to retain Positive
Crankcase Ventilation.  But if your current setup includes a charcoal
canister and anti-runon valve (a year would have been helpful) you may find
that the anti-runon valve doesn't do its job anymore even though it will
still appear to function electrically and mechanically.  And if you have a
76 or later with an ignition relay you may find that you can't turn the
engine off at all!

PaulH.