Re: mg's in the movies

To: "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mg's in the movies
From: "Blair J. Weiss" <blair@ifd.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:47:36 -0500
Paul -
There's got to be a list somewhere... let me know when you find it, I have
two to offer...
In Blazing Saddles, towards the end, where they run out of Universal
Studios, a red BGT passes briefly in front of the camera... I doubt you can
make it out on TV, but it caught my eye, and because I was watching it on
DVD, I a was able to rewind and go frame by frame... only about 3 frames
worth...

The other is a movie called "The Group" made in 1966, staring a young
Candice Bergen (aka Charlie McCarthy's Daughter) Driving a red TC. You don't
see the car till the end, when she and Larry Hagman are driving it to a
funeral. Now the cool part, if you look really close when she is getting in
the car for the first time, there are no door handles on the car. The owner
removed the exterior handles, because that was the "thing to do" at the
time. What goes around comes around...

Blair