Re: heater replacement 79 B

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater replacement 79 B
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:53:45 -0500
available at most hardware stores in the plumbing section.

Most of the hardware store type valve, look.............kludgey to say the
least.
I have found that using the heater valve from an Audi 4000 to work
and look factory. Remove the MG valve, gut it out and replace it in the
stock position. Then splice the hose from the valve to heater and install
the Audi item. The heater control wire then connects to the Audi item
and works well. Another valve to be considered is from a Midget 1500,
I had one on my Midget and it was simple valve with a small arm (not
sure if this was original to the car or installed by the previous owner)
Gerry