Re: 1100cc engine

To: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1100cc engine
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:11:28 -0500
I recall reading original BMC Service bulletins circa 1964 indicating that
the 1100cc crankshaft had only surface hardened (case hardened) crankshaft
main and rod journals. This means that if any machining is done on these
journals, steps must be taken to ensure the new surfaces must be rehardened.
I'm sorry that I don't have this bulletin any more to be able to
specifically quote bulletin number, etc. but I'm sure this was the case.
Certainly worht checking to be on the safe side.
Rich Chrysler