Re: Towing a car in the snow!!

To: Eric Erickson <eric@internode.on.net>
Subject: Re: Towing a car in the snow!!
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:44:56 -0500
Eric,

Down under you might not see snow like that, but where I am (New Hampshire,
northern US) it's not that unusual.  Plus, realize that the snowbank is
probably created from a plow pushing the snow out of the road into a
pile.  The actual snowfall was probably much less.

That said, those guys were idiots.  If that was my car, I'd first try to
dig around it, then push it, perhaps forward, or at least if it was being
towed (and what did they attach the tow rope to anyway??) supplement it
with pushing to control the direction.  These guys did everything wrong.  I
can only guess that they have never dealt with a snowbank before and, like
you said, have no concept of physics either.  There was absolutely no need
for what happened to have happened to that car, except maybe to make them
serve as an example to others!

But it makes for a fun video. :)

- Tab