Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: MGBnutt@aol.com
Subject: Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:11:05 -0600
Well, a lot of those changes are common.

My 77 has an aftermarket puller fan instead of
the twin pushers. And my engine is red.

At this age, the engine has been undoubtably rebuilt.
And a lot of rebuilders have red paint on the shelf and
MG engines are *RED*. However, with the fan on it as well,
it could well be a different engine.

Alternator, that's just a dumb mistake.

Missing charcoal canisters. Standard desmogging trick. It's
pointless, that doesn't sap power and can do a little good.

Oh, there's also a small air filter on the tappet cover breather.

Lots of questionable things done to the car. Probably not by the
guy selling it, as he obviously knows little about MGBs.