Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: kmwheeler@ualr.ed
Subject: Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:00:42 EST
My two cents: I bought my current 74B restoration project from a very
dishonest person on eBay. He advertises all the time with glowing paragraphs
about
his cars. Wonderful and beautiful and rare. (You can't miss his ads!) Lots and
lots of pictures
He said about mine: "Hard to find one like this; have not tried to start it"
(No fuel pump, ignition or battery!) Full of dust and dirt up to the
instruments. I know it was in a flood.

Almost a complete pig !!!!!

Anyway, I was so angry when the car arrived, I threatened to sue him and I
asked for and received half of my money back. Almost made it a good deal, but I
have not forgotten about this experience.

The ONLY car I have ever purchased without seeing it in the flesh. Buyer be
careful. Have the car inspected first.

Dennis