Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: "Constr AB News" <canews@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:02:51 -0700
I bought my 63 B off Ebay, guy had a terrible picture, terrible description. I
thought I was inquiring about a basket case, turned out to be a really nice
car that just needed a few tweeks and bits. This guy had the car for 12 years,
didn't know how to fold the top. He used a stairway spindle to keep the boot
open until I showed him where the prop was. Nice guy who bought the car, knew
nothing about it and didn't care to learn. Got the car a a great deal, bought
it sight unseen, drove it home 600 miles and haven't had any major problems.
Now if the temperature up here would get above freezing (-40 F last week) I
could enjoy it.

The funniest, uninformed owner I ever met was the guy who showed up at our
British Car Club with his new 51 TD. He was very proud, and started to tell us
the story of how in the early 50's the MG Company started to experiment with
rear engine cars. They only built a few, and he managed to find one for a
reasonable price. This was the story the seller told him. Was he pi$$ed to
find out he had bought a Volkswagen!!

Cheers
Grant Bush
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada