Paypal safety suggestion and question.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paypal safety suggestion and question.
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:10:10 -0600
First the suggestion.

I always use my credit card to pay for goods though Paypal. That way, if the
deal is sour I can protest the charge to my credit card company, and they
accept my word. There is no security in using your checking account, at least
not with my bank.

If you look carefully there is a link to paying with other accounts, but it is
hard to find, and they make you go though another screen before you can
implement paying with the credit card. I also set up another checking account
only for Paypal, and keep less than $50.00 in it. That way I satisfy the
Paypal requirement that I have a linked checking account, and protect my main
account.

Now for the question. Why does Paypal want you to use the checking account
instead of a charge card? I assume that it is somehow more profitable to use
the electronic transfer. Perhaps there is no charge for the transfer while
there is a charge from the credit card company.

Jack