Value of BGTs?/Letter to the Editor

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Value of BGTs?/Letter to the Editor
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:29:53 -0600
I noticed in the latest Classics and Motorsport that the in some cases the BGT
is more valuable than the roadster. It is on page 28 as part of a listing of a
column called Auction Action. I have often noticed that the prices of cars in
the old British Car magazine didn't match local Midwest prices. Could it be
that our cars are worth more when they can be driven all year around? Do you
think the GT really is worth more? I love my GT, but there is nothing nicer
than a roadster (Healey 3000, also one of the six hot cars mentioned), in the
summer. The GT stays in the garage and is accusable on dry winter day when
there is no salt on the ground. This year I drove it in January. My motto is
"Bondo doesn't Rust"!

By the way, my letter to the editor was heavily edited, and in once case
messed up. One thing that was removed was that the event is covered in a book
called THE ROADS WE TRAVELED, an Amusing history of the Automobile, by Douglas
Whately. There is an entire chapter on the race in the book. It is a fun
read.

The letter also left out that the race was postponed TWICE because there
weren't enough functioning cars to hold the race before the Thanksgiving
holiday!

BTW, I still haven't gotten my T shirt.

Safety Fast,

Jack